So here’s the curiosity of kombucha – how can you make such a deliciously flavoured Summery drink from something that is so seriously unattractive?! The basis of kombucha brewing is the SCOBY (symbiotic culture of bacteria and yeast). It’s a bit odd and yucky looking, but it’s what creates magic (lit. kombucha) out of the simplest of ingredients.
Learn to kick start your own Kombucha brewing with a variety of flavour options.
What we will cover?
In this lesson we will:
- Try samples of a few different flavoured Kombuchas
- Have a demonstration of how to make Kombucha at home
- Explore first and second ferments
- Explore other drinks that you might consider once you’ve got your kombucha going – jun, switzel, and shrubs.
- The first 12 people to book will get a SCOBY to take home, to continue brewing kombucha.
- Wheelchair Accessible Venue
- Gender Neutral Bathrooms
- Quiet Spaces
- Cheap Tix
- Share the Love Free Tix (prioritised for First Nations, Trans & Poc Attendee)
- Auslan Interpreted Upon Request
Who will be teaching?
Jennifer is an unashamed foodie and loves messing about with food – and has run her own food business for the past 22yrs. She has been making kombucha for years and can tell you a lot about her successes and fails.
Questions about the class or other ways we can assist with accessibility? Just email us at email@example.com.