The stories we tell ourselves about the future shape just about everything we do in the present.
In this session we will stretch our own thinking by using LEGO to build new and wonderful stories about different potential futures.
The session will include a short introduction to a key theory of Futures Studies, before using a set of prompts to build LEGO models of different future scenarios.
What will we cover?
Together, we will:
- learn about four different future archetypes: growth, collapse, discipline, and transformation
- build a variety of potential futures, ranging from the ‘official’ future through to the preposterous
- discuss how considering a range of future scenarios might be useful in our lives.
- Wheelchair Accessible Venue
- Gender Neutral Bathrooms
- Auslan Interpreted Upon Request
- Discounted Early Bird Tickets
- Free Tickets for First Nation Attendees
- Quiet Spaces
Who will be teaching?
After completing her Master of Strategic Foresight in 2018, Amanda founded Wabi Sabi Futures where she works with organisations and communities to explore complex problems, identify preferred futures, and build the energy and agency needed to create the desired future. She has a playful approach to facilitation, inviting participants to bring their whole selves to the process by engaging their intellect and emotions, and both analytical and creative thinking.
Amanda comes from the public health sector where she has led change initiatives in health services, written state government policy, and redesigned models of care. She continues to work with a major Victorian public health service where she coaches for continuous improvement and facilitates foresight workshops to support strategic initiatives.
Have a question about the class or other ways we can assist with accessibility? Just email delsi (she/her) at email@example.com.