What’s it all about?
There is nothing we love more than planning a holiday – our own, or someone else’s! Although international holidays are off the table for the foreseeable future, that’s no reason not to dream!
Patagonia is one of the world’s most evocative landscapes. A vast, untamed wilderness of endless plains, towering granite mountains, crystalline lakes and abundant wildlife. Its dramatic landscapes make it a haven for trekkers, nature lovers and photographers. While the creatures that Patagonia boasts – pumas, orcas, guanacos, penguins, condor and more – make it irresistible to wildlife enthusiasts.
Join us on this visual journey through one of the world’s most pristine wilderness regions – and find out what awaits you in Patagonia.
What will we cover?
- Explore Patagonia which is an enormous region comprising some 1 million square kilometres. Discover the highlights of northern, central and southern Patagonia including the top hikes, most accessible glaciers and best wildlife encounters.
- Feast your eyes upon the northern Patagonian Lakes District. This region is home to turquoise lakes, natural hot springs, towering volcanoes and the fascinating indigenous Mapuche culture.
- Get off the beaten track and uncover the charms of Patagonia’s underrated Carretera Austral! Here you will find the most pristine National Parks, great self-drives opportunities and practically no tourists!
- Find out the best travel hacks for visiting the popular Torres del Paine National Park – when to go, whether the W Trek is right for you and which are the best lodges inside the park.
- Travel to the End of the World! Tierra del Fuego is a vast territory of fjords and glaciers, and the jumping off point for adventures to the Antarctic Peninsula.
Who will be teaching?
Heather is a Latin American Travel Specialist with Contours Travel, and has been creating unique tailor-made holidays since 2007. She has travelled extensively through Argentina, Chile, Brazil, Bolivia, Peru, Ecuador, Colombia, Panama, Costa Rica, Nicaragua, Guatemala, Mexico and Cuba…and has visited the Antarctic Peninsula.
Heather speaks Spanish and makes a mean caipirinha – but sadly lacks the famous Latin rhythm on the dance floor! Her passion for all things Latin America is contagious and she loves to share her firsthand experience and knowledge!