Come and learn how to create paints all from natural ingredients!
Creating eco-friendly paints is a great way to cut down on your plastic use and waste! And you can create some really interesting effects for use in your art projects!
Once you have made your paints, you will learn how to draw and paint a realistic Maori Octopus.
No art experience required – just come and have a wonderful time!
What will we cover?
This is a hands on class you’ll learn:
- How to make paints from everyday kitchen ingredients and waste.
- What paint is and how modern paints affects the marine environment
- The cultural impacts of paint and colour
- Natural vs Synthetic paints – what is the difference?
- How to draw a Maori Octopus from a reference image
- How to paint a Maori Octopus in 3D
All materials provided.
- Wheelchair Accessible Venue
- Gender Neutral Bathrooms
- Quiet Spaces
- Discounted Early Bird Tickets
- Free Tickets for First Nation Attendees
- Auslan Interpreted Upon Request
Who will be Teaching?
Serene (kiat chen) (she/her) is a visual creative who loves bringing joy to others via art and environment.
She likes doing an enjoyment sandwich each day which involves piano, drawing and making her partner cringe.
You can find her on her website or Instagram at @serenekitchen.
Any other questions or ways we can assist with accessibility? Just shoot delsi (she/her) an email at email@example.com.