Have you got a skill or a passion you would like to share with the world?
Have you ever wanted to run a workshop and wasn’t quite sure where to start?
Maybe you would like to run a workshop here at Laneway Learning and are keen to learn a few tips and techniques before you get started!
Former secondary and adult education teacher turned LGBTQIA+ Inclusion Specialist, delsi, will take you through strategies to help you create your own wonderful workshops!
What we will cover?
In this workshop you will learn:
– How to structure a workshops and develop a lesson plan
– Starter techniques to grab your learners attention
– How to utilise the 5E Learning Model
– How to increase participation and create a safe space for sharing
– Strategies to improve accessibility and inclusion
What will I need?
– Notepad & pen
– Good vibes
– Closed Captions
– Discounted Early Bird Tickets
– Free Tickets for First Nation Attendees
– Auslan Interpreted Upon Request
Who will be teaching?
delsi (she/her) is a proud queer femme lady who has worked for the last 10 years as a teacher, mentor and advocate within the LGBTQIA+ space.
She is the Director of the queer organisation Unicorns and Manager here at Laneway Learning.
She was named in the Top 50 Australian LGBTI Leaders List according to Google in 2021 and was a Finalist for LGBTI Person of the Year in 2019.
She began her teaching career in the Secondary School system, before moving onto Adult Education and now works as a freelance LGBTQIA+ Trainer. She holds a BA in Communication, PGDip in Teaching and Cert IV in Training and Assessment.
Photo by Alexis-D Photography
Any other questions or ways we can assist with accessibility? Just email delsi (she/her) at firstname.lastname@example.org