Come and learn how to etch a sketch and then print it yourself using recycled materials!
Drypoint etching is a technique that uses a needle or sharp tool to scratch a design on a surface.
You’ll walk away with your own, original print to adorn your walls or gift a friend!
No art experience required – just come and have a wonderful time!
What will we cover?
This is a hands on class you’ll learn:
- An introduction to drypoint etching
- How to use a printing press
- How to etch your image onto recycled plastic
- All about the inking and printing process
- How to print your own images at home without a press
All materials provided.
What should I bring?
- Clothes you don’t mind getting dirty
- A small image that is not too complex that you would like to turn into a print
- Wheelchair Accessible Venue
- Gender Neutral Bathrooms
- Discounted Early Bird Tickets
- Free Tickets for First Nation Attendees
- Auslan Interpreted Upon Request
Who will be Teaching?
Kaya (she/her) is an artist based in the Northern Suburbs of Melbourne.
She is predominantly a printmaker but dabbles in watercolour and oil painting.
Her main interests are creatures and animism.
Photo teachers own wonderful work
Any other questions or ways we can assist with accessibility? Just shoot delsi (she/her) an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.