Ready to sharpen your cooking skills?
Would you like to learn how to make restaurant style Butter Chicken and Peas Pulav from the comfort of your own home?
Have an evening with cooking queen Sarita who will teach you the right way to make the perfect creamy and delicious Butter Chicken curry and Peas Pulav.
Join this live and interactive workshop to explore the world of spices, flavours, and aromas of Indian Cooking.
What will we cover?
In this online workshop you will:
- Explore about the history of Indian cooking
- Learn how to make Butter Chicken and Peas from the comfort of your home.
- Have the opportunity to ask lots of questions in this live and interactive class.
What will I need?
You can cook along with Sarita or sit back and enjoy the live cooking demonstration.
If you’d like to cook along, feel free to have the below ready to go.
2 Large saucepans with lids; hand/stick blender, mixing bowls, chopping board and knife, strainer, measuring cup, ladles, spoons, serving bowl and plate
- Boneless chicken – 250 grams, cut in 1 inch cube
- Oil – as required
- Shah zeera/Caraway seeds – 1 tsp
- Ginger piece- 1/2inch
- Green chilli – 1
- Garlic pods – 3 to 4
- Tomatoes – 4, red and ripe roughly cubed or Canned Tomato – 400 grams
- Cashew nuts – 8 to 10
- Unsalted butter – 5 tbsp
- Cinnamon stick – 1
- Bay leaf – 1
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Kashmiri red chilli powder – 1.5 tsp
- Garam masala powder – 2pinches
- Kasuri methi (Dry fenugreek leaves) – 2 tsp
- Salt – according to taste
- Cream – 2 tbsp
- Sugar – 1 tsp
- Basmati rice – 1cup
- Frozen peas – ¼ cup
- Closed Captions
- Discounted Early Bird Tickets
- Free Tickets for First Nation Attendees
Who will be teaching?
Sarita (home name Affaf Ali) (she/her) is a self trained home Chef and food enthusiast with 10 plus years of cooking experience. Following her passion for cooking she is currently pursuing a Certificate III in Commercial Cookery.
She specializes in different kinds of Indian Cuisines. She has won several contests. She has more than 200 written recipes, few passed on by her mum and few are her own.
Along with cooking her focus in on presentation of food too. She believes one must eat with their eyes first. Follow her on Instagram www.instagram.com/aliaffaf
Any other questions or ways we can assist with accessibility? Just email delsi (she/her) at firstname.lastname@example.org.