What is Spätzle?
Well if you have Austrian, German or Swiss we are pretty sure you already know that it’s a delicious type of fresh egg pasta that can be used as a side dish to any meat or eaten on it’s own for breakfast, lunch or dinner!
This yummy, homemade pasta is such a versatile dish, takes minutes to make, freezes great and can make meal-planning a delight.
Join Tommy and Maria and learn a few different options as well as a great base recipe.
What will we cover?
Join us and learn:
- How to make Spätzle dough from scratch (Austrian style!)
- How to cook them with the traditional tools but also alternatives to make them with whatever you have at home
- Alternative doughs such as spinach, vegan, etc
- Spätzle taster and recipes
- Wheelchair Accessible Venue
- Gender Neutral Bathroom
- Quiet Spaces
- Discounted Early Bird Tickets
- Free Tickets to First Nation Attendees
- Auslan Interpreter Upon Request
Who will be Teaching?
Tommy (he/him) is the founder of Coffee Rider and Co and has been in the coffee trade for over 15 years. He comes from the Tyrol area in Austria and used to have a cafe in Melbourne were he cooked lots of Austrian and german delicatessen including breakfast spätzle. You can follow Tommy on Instagram and Facebook.
Maria (she/her) has crafted many weird and wonderful things since getting hooked on crochet, and she shows no signs of stopping! In addition to crochet and crafting, she also has a passion for cooking and baking, indoor plants and running Laneway Learning
Any questions or accessibility requests? Feel free to email delsi (she/her) at email@example.com.