Come and explore the world of Yum Cha with our talented cooking teacher Cristina!
Cristina will be taking you on a journey twice in one week – lucky us!
So get set to make some delicious, pan-fried pork buns!
Want to continue the Yum Cha journey?
Cristina is also teaching the night before with another special Yum Cha dish!
What will we cover?
In this live cookalong workshop you will learn:
- Different Chinese ingredients that pack a punch
- How to develop your flavours
- How to cook your pan fried dumplings perfectly
- Opportunities to ask lots of questions
What should I bring?
You are welcome to sit and enjoy the cooking demonstration or cook along at home!
If you’d like to cook along, feel free to have the follow ingredients ready to go!
- 300g plain flour
- 2 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp yeast
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 150g pork mince
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- ½ Tbsp Chinese five spice
- 2 Tbsp minced ginger
- 2 chopped spring onions
- 200g chopped cabbage + 1 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- ½ Tbsp white pepper
- Garnish: Pinch of black and white sesame, chopped spring onions
- Dipping Sauce: Dobanjiang (spicy fermented soy sauce)
- Large bowl
- Damp towel
- Rolling pin
- Frying pan
- Closed Captions
- Auslan Interpreted Upon Request
- Free Tix for First Nation Attendees
- Early Bird Cheaper Tickets
Who will be teaching?
Cristina (she/her) is a secondary school Food Studies teacher who loves all things food related!
She moved to Melbourne and away from her mum’s delicious Taiwanese cooking and has since, out of desperation for the taste of home, learned many of her favourite foods through virtual cooking classes with her mum.
She is now working through writing a cookbook honouring her mum’s recipes while putting an ethical and sustainable twist to it.
Image teachers own
Any other questions or ways we can assist with accessibility? Just shoot delsi (she/her) an email at email@example.com.