Spring is here!! And for all plant lovers (especially indoor plant lovers in Melbourne) the time has come to TLC our poor plant babies after a harsh Winter… whether you are a newbie plant-parent or a knowledgeable one after a few new tricks, join us and spend an evening learning how to spruce up your plants for Spring and Summer.
We’ll learn about a few key components that make all the difference to your indoor plants: soil mix, moss poles for climbers and light levels. We’ll also make our first moss pole together.
What will we cover?
In this online workshop we’ll learn:
- How to mix your own potting mix
- Different potting mix recipes depending on the plant
- Soil additives you can use
- Moss poles: different kinds, what works best for what plant, how to water them
- We’ll make our own moss pole
What will you need?
You don’t have to follow along for this class, you can take notes and make the poles in your own time once you
have decided the best option for your plant.
If you want to follow along you’ll need:
- Plastic mesh or gutter guard
- Stake or dowel to hold the pole (a straight stick works too)
- Spagnum moss
- Large plastic container to mix things in
- Closed caption on request
- Quiet Spaces
- Early Bird Discounted
- Free Tickets to First Nation Attendees
Who will be Teaching?
Maria (she/her)was a serial plant killer. From succulents to spider plants, she had killed them all
and lived a plant-less existence. Then the pandemic happened and slowly, slowly greenery crept into Maria’s house.
Since then she has read all the books, done all the courses, tried all the tips to make her plants happy. She is a
plant-parent to 305 thriving indoor plants (that number is not an estimate!). You can follow her
Pic Teachers Own Creation
Any other questions or ways we can assist with accessibility? Just shoot us an email at email@example.com.