Asian sauces and condiments are full of fantastic flavour and funk!
But, they can be intimidating to navigate. There are, ENDLESS different types, after all. Regular soy sauce, light soy sauce, dark soy sauce – what even is the difference?
If you’ve asked yourself that questions before, then this workshop will be right up your alley.
By the end of the workshop, the endless opportunities of cooking with Asian sauces will be unravelled for your kitchen adventures!
What will we cover?
In this workshop, you will:
- Learn about different types of Asian sauces and condiments
- Take part in a taste test and sensory analysis
- Learn how to use different types of Asian sauces and condiments in recipes
- Learn how to mix sauces together to make a balanced dipping sauce
- Wheelchair Accessible Venue
- Gender Neutral Bathrooms
- Cheaper Early Bird Tickets
- Auslan Interpreted Upon Request
Who will be teaching?
Cristina (she/her) is a secondary school Food Studies teacher who loves all things food related!
She moved to Melbourne and away from her mum’s delicious Taiwanese cooking and has since, out of desperation for the taste of home, learned many of her favourite foods through virtual cooking classes with her mum.
She is now working through writing a cookbook honouring her mum’s recipes while putting an ethical and sustainable twist to it.
You can follow her cooking adventures on insta via @ms.cristina.cooks
Any other questions or ways we can assist with accessibility? Just shoot delsi (she/her) an email at email@example.com.