Come and learn authentic Japanese calligraphy!
This fun and easy calligraphy workshop will teach you the skills to use brush and ink to make beautiful letters!
No art skills or knowledge required – just come and have a wonderful time!
What will we cover?
In this hands on workshop you will learn how to:
- Use the brush and ink
- Write in Japanese
- Design according to Japanese traditional aesthetics
- Understand the everyday practice of minimalism – less is more – using visual arts as a guide
- Write your name in Japanese (as you get advanced)
All materials provided and covered in the ticket price.
- Wheelchair Accessible Venue
- Gender Neutral Bathrooms
- Quiet Spaces
- Discounted Early Bird Tickets
- Free Tickets for First Nation Attendees
- Auslan Interpreted Upon Request
Who will be teaching?
Kerry (she/her) is an international artist who arrived in Melbourne in 2020 and experienced the ups and downs of this city’s hard lockdowns and reopening. She is currently working in a group called Artists Upgrading Social Norms (AUSN) on series of art projects focusing on strengthening empathy and post-pandemic community rebuilding.
In 2019, Kerry opened Flowwa.org in Japan, Not-For-Profit organisation that runs Flowwa mindfulness workshops among other mental wellness programs using art, nature and creativity. Kerry offers workshops for both individuals and corporate/organisations for team building, assertiveness, creative leadership and problem solving
Have a question or other ways we can assist with accessibility? Just shoot an email to delsi (she/her) at firstname.lastname@example.org.