What’s it all about?
The most fun way to shed inhibitions! Movement therapy, that uses laughter as a tool to move and free the body. This fun and hands-on class is for anyone interested in exploring themselves.
What will we cover?
In this class we will:
- Learn how memories and emotions are stored in the body and the importance of releasing them
- Explore the 7 stages of laughter – from absolute minimal to hysterical
- Introduce movement, as a container to hold the laughter
- Play with choreography and different laughter levels, to explore ourselves
- End with a discussion session
Who will be teaching?
Joshinder Chaggar is a dancer, choreographer, actor, writer and choreographer. She has 18 years of teaching experience, spread over Melbourne, Sydney, Mumbai, Karachi and Munich. She has taught ‘Movement for Actors’ for five years at the National Academy of Performing Arts, in Karachi. Since 2010 she has created and staged numerous dance theatre productions, relentlessly investigating “What is real freedom?”. She is best known for her 3-hour performance art piece, ‘The Bird’, performed in Karachi, Munich & Melbourne, a meditative exploration of ‘Just Being’. You can follow her on Instagram.