The simple act of making pasta is a wholesome goal for lots of modern-day food lovers.
The process is therapeutic, humbling and a great way to impress your dinner party guests!
After this class, you’ll be able to entertain with ease, using this delicious yet not too difficult handmade Green Pappardelle, that will delight friends and family.
Cook along from home or just watch and learn from The Pasta Hotline man himself – Andrew Eramo!
What will we cover?
In this wholesome pasta-making workshop, we’ll be making together handmade green pappardelle infused with fresh spinach, pan fried in a simple garlic, olive oil and chilli base, topped with fresh ricotta and pepper.
You will learn:
- How to make pasta dough from scratch. An important and versatile recipe that forms the foundation of many types of pasta.
- How to infuse another ingredient into your pasta dough to change the colour and flavour.
- Tips and tricks on how to make your dough with and without a pasta machine.
- How to make pappardelle pasta — perfect for gripping a light sauce.
- How to cook a vegetarian sauce you might expect to taste at a restaurant. We’ll be whipping up a humble olive oil, garlic and chilli sauce, topped with fresh ricotta and pepper.
- And best of all, how to enjoy your fresh plate of green pappardelle that you made yourself!
What should I bring?
If you would like to cook along, have ready the below ingredients and equipment.
- Eggs (1 per person)
- Bag of plain flour
- Fresh spinach
- Olive oil (regular, not virgin)
- 4 x Cloves of garlic
- Fresh ricotta from the deli (100g per person)
- Fresh spinach
- Chilli flakes
- Salt and pepper
- Pasta machine or a rolling pin
- Colander or a sieve
- Chopping board
- Chopping knife
- Frying pan (30cm base)
- Sauce pot (20cm base)
- Your favourite dish to serve your meal!
- Closed Captions
- Discounted Early Bird tickets
- Free Tickets for First Nation Attendees
- Auslan Interpreted Upon Request
Who will be teaching?
Andrew Eramo (he/him) is Pasta Hotline’s co-creator and host. He grew a community of dedicated pasta lovers via YouTube during Melbourne’s lockdown and has been teaching people how to make homemade pasta ever since…with delicious and rewarding results.
By day, Andrew works at a tech startup. By night, he’s an ultimate foodie with a passion for Italian food and wholesome experiences.
You can find out more about Andrew and the Pasta Hotline story here.
Any other questions or ways we can assist with accessibility? Just email delsi (she/her) at email@example.com