What’s it all about?
Do you struggle to answer the question, ‘So, tell me about yourself’?
Does talking about yourself make you feel awkward? Or feel tongue tied when trying to sell yourself and your ideas in interviews?
If you’re an introvert and dislike or struggle to talk about yourself, then this class is definitely for you!
Struggling to ‘sell yourself’ by communicating to others what you are, what you do and most importantly, what makes you valuable, can negatively impact your work and career confidence and progression. It often means underselling yourself, missing out on amazing career opportunities and getting paid far below what you really deserve.
Come join this practical lunchtime class and learn some tools and strategies to help you feel more confident about pitching yourself in interviews, networking events and meetings, especially when it comes to promoting yourself for career progression.
What will we cover?
In this hour-long lunchtime special, Johnathan will teach:
- A step-by-step technique to help you unpack yourself to define the key ingredients of your pitch.
- How to thread it all together in a clear, coherent and compelling story that you can deliver in a confident way.
- How to effectively position yourself in for jobs and opportunities
- How to feel super comfortable talking about yourself because you’re going to be genuine and authentic.
What will you need?
A pen and paper or anything to record the key learnings, techniques and insights you will gather through this presentation.
- Closed Captions
- Discounted Early Bird Tickets
- Free Tickets for First Nations Attendees
- Auslan Interpreter Upon Request
Who will be teaching?
Johnathan (he/him) is a Senior Career Consultant who specialises in Career Management Strategies and Personal Branding.
Over the last 8 years, he has worked with over 400 professionals across a range of industries to help them consciously and strategically design
the career they truly desire
Johnathan can help you find your professional ‘voice’ with proven strategies that enable you to design your career exactly the way you want it to be and feel more energised in your work than you ever thought possible.
Questions about the class or other ways we can assist with accessibility? Just email Maddy (she/her) at firstname.lastname@example.org.