With Festival season around the corner and hopefully some nice beach weather, why not make yourself a macrame overlay dress! We will learn all the knots needed (surprise it’s just two!) and how to work with t-shirt yarn to make the dress washable and durable.
We’ll also learn how to measure yourself for macrame dresses and get some inspiration.
What will we cover?
In this class you will learn:
- How to start your macrame dress: cutting rope, what materials are best to use
- How to work vertical and horizontal double hitches
- Lark’s head knot
- Special considerations, and other
insider tips and tricks
- Wheelchair Accessible Venue
- Gender Neutral Bathrooms
- Early Bird Discounted Tickets
- Free Tickets to First Nation Attendees
- Auslan Interpreted Upon Request
Who will be Teaching?
Maria (she/her) is a serial crafter. She loves learning about new crafts and techniques! She does crochet, macrame, sewing, pottery, weaving and likes to explore how these crafts can be combined and expanded.
In addition to plants and crafting, she also has a passion for cooking and baking, light painting and running Laneway Learning.
Photo by Kutlay Uyar: https://www.pexels.com/photo/w…
Any other questions or ways we can assist with accessibility? Just shoot an email to Maddy (she/her) at email@example.com.