What’s it all about?
believe know we live in the coffee capital of the world. We take it seriously and might even follow our favourite barista when they move cafes or have our own preferred roasting houses and coffee bean profiles from certain regions. BUT, how are we all faring making our own coffee at home?
Come and learn about some coffee basics, the various devices for making coffee at home and explanation of roasting styles. Tommy will help answer these questions:
- What method is best for my preferred type of brew and budget?
- How do I get the best extraction and flavour when brewing at home?
Join Tommy in this rare Saturday morning class for some much needed caffeine and practical tips for making the perfect cup of liquid heaven.
What will we cover?
In this class, you will learn how to make great coffee at home.
- Demonstrate various methods and equipment for making coffee
- French press
- Stove top
- Espresso machine
- Cold brew
- Helpful and practical tips and tricks for each method
- Share some insider industry secrets
- Explain processing method and flavours
- Discuss filter roast vs espresso roast
- Discuss whole coffee beans vs ground coffee
- Suggestions for storage of your coffee at home
What will you need?
- Your favourite coffee machine nearby (in case you have questions or want to follow along)
- Paper and pen
- A cup of coffee!
Who will be teaching?
Tommy is the founder of Coffee Rider and Co and has been in the coffee trade for over 15 years. He has worked as a barista, coffee roaster, machine technician or sourcing green beans for Industry Beans. Tommy loves coffee and has immense experience and passion. His converted dutch bikes and teardrop coffee trailer are a definite head turner at any event or festival.