What’s it all about?
Do you miss being able to enjoy Melbourne’s best sights? In this class, we will revisit our favourite Melbourne spots by creating a fun, personalised map of the neighbourhood of your choice.
Perhaps some favourite spots include: Fed Square (sitting on the sandstone paving and people watching while waiting for a friend to arrive), Luna Park (with an icecream in hand), The Royal Botanic Gardens (for a picnic and stroll) or simply having a coffee in your favourite cafe and then taking a walk along Merry Creek.
Join us and illustrate the most iconic landmarks or the best place to brunch and revisit your favourite streets by putting them down on paper.
What will we cover?
We will be creating our personalised decorative maps of our favourite places in Melbourne.
Come join us to learn:
- How to use Google Maps to plan out your map
- How to choose your favourite landmarks and place them on the map
- How to illustrate cute elements and add your own touches to your map
What will you need?
- Some thicker or heavier paper (hopefully you can get some that is 200gsm or more)
- Drawing materials – any one or more of these:
- Black or coloured markers (they can also be all different)
- Bottle/s of ink – black or coloured ink
- Nib holders and nibs (if you have them)
- A glass with some water to dilute the ink
- Paper towels or something to clean ink and wipe the nibs
Who will be teaching?
At age four, Amandine Thomas announced to her bewildered family that she would become a children’s book illustrator. And so she grew up writing short stories that she illustrated and compiled in crooked, clumsily stapled booklets.
Fast forward to present-day, and not much has changed. Amandine is now an award-winning illustrator, writing and illustrating children’s books and contributing to various publications from one side of the globe to the other.