This class is part of our Marvellous Melbourne series. Click here to see other classes celebrating Melbourne.
What’s it all about?
Do you care about the environment and want to do your bit to make our Marvellous Melbourne a better home for all – even the wildlife? Would you like your garden to support local biodiversity? lizard lounges, homes for native frogs, plants that attract birds and bees and other beneficial insects so that our great city buzzes with wildlife as well as nightlife?
Then it’s time to take some positive action! Gardening for wildlife has benefits for your mental health and for Australia’s rich diversity of species, icing on the cake? – it feels good and looks good too!
What will we cover?
This online course will provide an overview of different changes you can make in the garden to benefit wildlife, including:
- Why you should garden for wildlife and where you can do it
- Garden planning for wildlife
- Attracting birds, small and large, to your garden
- Building habitat for reptiles
- Keeping a successful frog pond
- Selecting plants for an insectary
- Mammal management
- Artificial habitat structures
- Garden practices for wildlife
What will you need?
- A notepad and pen or your preferred note taking device.