Connecting to nature is an innate need – at a cellular level we benefit from nature. Nature Journaling is a fun and creative workshop that brings nature, art and mindfulness together in a social setting.
Nature Journaling is all about observing, being with, and enjoying nature. Through this mindful practice you can gain lots of mental health benefits.
Come and join Kylie, a certified Nature Based Therapist and Darug Wiradjuri First Nations Person in this beautiful and mindful class
What will we cover?
In this unique class we will explore:
- Mindfulness, Colour Therapy, Art, Nature Based Learning
- Indigenous Plant Education
- The benefits of the practice of Nature Journalling
- How to gain sensory awareness whilst creating journal entries
- Finding things about nature you are interested in or Inspired by
- Drawing and writing techniques that can be use for Nature Journalling
- Using pencils and watercolour paints to journal
What will I need to bring
- Feel free to bring in a picture or prop if you’d like too. There will also be some pictures and inspo supplied.
- Wheelchair Accessible Venue
- Quiet Spaces
- Discounted Early Bird Tickets
- Free Tickets for First Nation Attendees
- Auslan Interpreted Upon Request
Who will be teaching?
Kylie (she/her) is a proud Darug & Wiradjuri First Nations person who grew up in country NSW, residing on the Mornington Peninsula for the past decade.
As a certified Nature Based Therapist and Wayapa Instructor (ancient earth indigenous movement practice) and Shinrin Yoku Practitioner her focus is on using Nature for wellness.
Embedding Culture into every day life is something she is passionate about.
Cooking with native ingredients, foraging, bush dyeing and nature journaling are some of her favourite pursuits.
Photo of Teacher’s class by Laneway Learning.
Any other questions or ways we can assist with accessibility? Just email Maddy (she/her) at email@example.com.