Collage isn’t new, it been around for thousands of years. But collage can allow us to be kids again. Think outside of the square and construct imaginary worlds, scenarios and even poetry. Discover how collage can help us loosen up, relax and even discover things about ourselves.
Lets have fun and have some interesting conversations along the way!
This event will be half social chats with a bunch of like minded queer people and half fun, educational and interactive workshop.
All workshops are taught by queers, for queers.
What will we cover?
- A brief history of collage and they types of collage out there
- Tools of the trade
- Methodology of how to collect and curate images for future works
- An exercise to help you prepare and compose the piece you’ll create
- Create your piece to take home
- Gift: A curated collage pack for you to create additional pieces at home
All materials provided but feel free to bring any magazines or images you’d like to include
- Wheelchair Accessible Venue
- Gender Neutral Bathrooms
- Quiet Spaces
- Discounted Early Bird Tickets
- Free Tickets for First Nation Attendees
- Auslan Interpreted Upon Request
Who will be Teaching?
Yianni (he/him) is a Trend Forecaster by day and collage artist by night. Starting off early in his 20s as a fashion designer Yianni ran his own label and even showed at Australian Fashion Week. During the pandemic he discovered his love of collage and how that could help him clear his mind. In doing so he ended up showing at the Linden Gallery as part of the Postcard Show, at Queer My Head show at the Dax Centre as part of Midsumma which had a huge impact on him and more recently the Men on Men show at the Laird. Now he is starting to share his love of collage with others to help them realise the possibilities.
Image by the Teacher
Any other questions or ways we can assist with accessibility? Just shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.