Come and learn how to sew your own adorable plush toy Kitty!
In this workshop you will learn how to repurpose fabric and clothing for your own cute sewing projects. You will be provided with everything you need to sew your own plush cat from a pair of fluffy socks. After you finish your soft kitty you can make a bunch of other adorable creations!
All materials included in this workshop – just come and have a wonderful time!
What will we cover?
In this fun, hands on workshop you will learn:
- Basic sewing techniques (such as back stitch, slip stitch and ladder stitch)
- How to design your own 3D plush toys – construction and decoration
- Hand sew using fluffy socks
- Use stuffing when creating soft toys
- Create your own plush toy kitty!
- Wheelchair Accessible Venue
- Gender Neutral Bathrooms
- Quiet Spaces
- Discounted Early Bird Tickets
- Free Tickets for First Nation Attendees
- Auslan Interpreted Upon Request
Who will be teaching?
Robert (he/they) is a queer engineer.
They clearly don’t express enough creativity in their day job, so by night goes by their alter ego ‘ART FIEND’ 🙂
You can check out more of Roberts sewing creations through their website here or at @artkind.queer
Photo by the teacher.
Any other questions or accessibility requests we can help you with? Just shoot an email to Maddy (she/her) at firstname.lastname@example.org