Join artist Emilie and learn to make your own creative cards with watercolours.
Emilie will guide you through the steps and methods for applying and manipulating watercolours, as well as tricks and tips to create some beautiful effects.
You’ll finish the class with a card to gift a loved one in lockdown!
What will we cover?
This hands-on session will include:
- An introduction to the various watercolour mediums
- Appropriate papers and brushes
- An overview of each medium’s properties
- Application methods including wet-on-wet and wet-on-dry
- Various techniques for creating depth, light and dimension
What will you need?
- Paper (watercolour paper is best but anything will do)
- Watercolour pencils and/or paints
- Black fineliner (if you have one)
- Closed Captions
- Early Bird Cheap Tix
- Free Tix for First Nation Attendees
- Auslan Interpreter Upon Request
Who will be teaching?
Emilie (she/her) is a Melbourne based artist and maker, currently finishing her PhD at the Victorian College of the Arts.
She moved from France and 2014 and has been developing her art practice since, working with a range of media, from video to printmaking and 3D printing.
Emilie is also a comic book artist. Her illustration has been published by the Lifted Brow, and she self-published her first graphic novel in 2018 with Tree Paper Comics in Melbourne.
Any other accessibility requests or questions? Just email delsi (she/her) at email@example.com.