Come and enjoy the wonderful world of watercolour paintings!
This beginners class will teach you skills and techniques to create your own piece of watercolour art.
You will experiment with colour and shapes to create an artistic portrait!
What will we cover?
This beginner’s painting class will:
- Focus on using watercolour and illustration skills
- Cover drawing and composition
- Teach the basic of watercolour paints through a playful approach
- Help you achieve a watercolour portrait illustration!
What will I need?
- Feel free to bring a picture or photograph you would like to use for inspiration
- Watercolour Paper
- Watercolour Paint
- Closed Captions
- Discounted Early Bird Tickets
- Free Tickets for First Nation Attendees
- Auslan Interpreter Upon Request
Who will be teaching?
Emilie (she/her) is a Melbourne based artist and educator, working across media with a focus on community-based practice and education. She graduated from her PhD in Fine Arts at the Victorian College of the Arts in 2020 and has been an art resident at Testing Grounds (2020) and the Comic Art Workshop (2021).
Emilie moved from France in 2014 and has been developing her art practice in Melbourne since, exhibiting her works at FortyFive Downstairs gallery, the Abbotsford convent, No Vacancy Gallery, Arcade and George Patton Gallery.
Emilie is also a comic book artist and her illustration has been published by the Lifted Brow and she self-published her first graphic novel in 2018 with Tree Paper Comics in Melbourne.
In 2021, Emilie opened Couleur in Collingwood, a printmaking studio focusing on DIY, hand-prints, and experimental printmaking.
Have a question or a accessibility question? Just shoot an email to delsi (she/her) at email@example.com.