Join us and explore the world of watercolours and florals by creating a festive watercolour wreath!
Marloes will guide you through the steps and methods for applying and manipulating these mediums, as well as tricks and tips to get awesomely realistic (and sometimes not so realistic) effects to create leaves and flowers.
Join us for this fun session that’s a great way to start your journey into watercolouring.
What will we cover?
- An introduction to the various watercolour mediums
- Appropriate papers and brushes
- An overview of each medium’s properties
- Application methods including wet-on-wet and wet-on-dry
- Various techniques for creating various leaves, flowers and layers of botanicals
- Touching on layering, glazes and colour correction
What will you need for this class?
- Paper (Watercolour Paper 300gsm Recommend)
- Watercolour paints
- Closed Captions
- Discounted Early Bird Tickets
- Free Tickets for First Nation Attendees
- Auslan Interpreted Upon Request
Who will be teaching?
Marloes Bakker-Marsden (she/her) is a self-taught artist who has been exploring the world of art since childhood. Her current art practise is mostly focused on drawing and painting wildlife and rocks.
She teaches a variety of mediums at community centres, retirement communities and other locations, including in her own studio space. She enjoys sharing her skills and passions with others in a light-hearted and fun way that makes the experience totally enjoyable and rewarding for everyone involved. You can find her on Instagram or her website.
Any other questions or ways we can assist with accessibility? Just shoot delsi (she/her) an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.