What’s it all about?
You are so much more interesting that the top 12 funeral songs combined! So let’s find some awesome songs, that capture who you really are, that can be used for your end of life celebration, 100th birthday or living wake.
What will we cover?
In this workshop we will cover how to choose your unique and personalised funeral songs, how you choose for loved ones and turn a funeral in a true celebration of someones life through their music program.
We will explore:
- The purpose of music at end of life celebrations
- The top 12 sung funeral songs
- How to choose a whole bunch of songs that you (or your family) can later choose from to make your last hoorah poignant, meaningful and classically you.
- How to speak to others about songs that represent them without the D or F word.
What should I bring?
Please bring a journal/iPad to write your thoughts and ideas in. And an open mind!
- Wheelchair Accessible Venue
- Gender Neutral Bathrooms
- Quiet Spaces
- Discounted Early Bird Tickets
- Free Tickets for First Nation Attendees
- Auslan Interpreted Upon Request
Who will be teaching?
Phoebe Deklerk (she/her) is a Melbourne based Funeral Singer. She presented her first cabaret in 2018 at Melbourne Fringe about, you guessed it, being a funeral singer and some songs to avoid and what to consider. The cabaret was performed to invite people to think about how we see Funeral Music as a society, the lack of talk about death, and how discussion is healthy. You can find her on Facebook
Any other questions or accessibility requests we can help you with? Just shoot an email to Maddy (she/her) at email@example.com