What’s it all about?
From the discovery of tea nearly 5000 years ago to green teas of today, we’ll discuss evolution, experimentation and education. Green teas offer a wide range of flavours and nutritional benefits within the family of tea. Share the journey and partake in the tasting of some beautiful green teas.
What will we cover?
- Brief overview of the history of tea.
- Early processing methods and main uses.
- How green tea found its way around the world.
- Green tea today and brewing methods.
- Sample tasting of selected green teas.
Who will be teaching?
Jeff is the co-founder of Cuppa Cha, located in Camberwell and specialises in single estate teas from Asia. He first travelled to China in 1985 and has travelled regularly to China ever since. Jeff has met with tea farmers whose teas are available at Cuppa Cha. Understanding tea is a continual learning experience and he is happy to share his experience with everyone.