What’s it all about?
Feldenkrais are movements to soften, release and ease the lower back area. Knowing these movements can improve your posture, balance and strength as well as enhance your work, play, yoga, dance, martial art, loving and living.
What will we cover?
Come to this class to learn:
- How to pleasantly and gently tune the lower back area, create mobility and open to vitality and pleasure.
- The practice of quietly attending to the sensations of the lower back to improve support, balance and skill
- Fun neurosensory exercises to relax and free up the movement of the lower back for smooth, graceful coordination
- To develop awareness and subtle exercises to activate, strengthen and mobilise
- Techniques for ongoing self-care and health maintenance
What will you need?
The exercises will be done lying on the floor so have a mat or blanket ready for lying on. Comfortable clothing is recommended.
Who will be teaching?
Ralph Hadden is one of Australia’s most experienced Feldenkraisers and has been teaching since 1988. He teaches with clarity, respect and good humour, combining fun with serious learning.
As a certified Feldenkrais practitioner, he offers his own workshops, weekly classes and individual sessions, helping his clients recover from injury, build health and relaxation and improve performance at work and play. Ralph has presented for many organisations including the Centre for Adult Education (CAE), Arthritis Foundation, the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners, the Gawler Foundation and RMIT University.