It’s all about sauce!
In this short and sweet class, you will learn to make three very delicious and very versatile sauces used in Taiwanese cooking (among other cuisines).
They will make the biggest difference when you make your favourite restaurant meals at home!
By the end of the class you will have the following sauces to take home:
1. Chilli oil
2. Spicy peanut sauce
3. Spring onion and ginger sauce
What will we cover?
You will learn about:
- Different Chinese ingredients that pack a punch when making sauces
- How to develop flavour with these sauces
- How to use them in recipe
What to bring
- Three small/medium sized jars. Who doesn’t love to reuse!
- Wheelchair Accessible Venue
- Gender Neutral Bathrooms
- Discounted Early Bird Tickets
- Free Tickets for First Nation Attendees
- Auslan Interpreted Upon Request
Who will be teaching?
Cristina (she/her) is a secondary school Food Studies teacher who loves all things food related!
She moved to Melbourne and away from her mum’s delicious Taiwanese cooking and has since, out of desperation for the taste of home, learned many of her favourite foods through virtual cooking classes with her mum.
She is now working through writing a cookbook honouring her mum’s recipes while putting an ethical and sustainable twist to it.
You can check her out online on insta @ms.cristina.cooks.
Any other questions or ways we can assist with accessibility? Just shoot delsi (she/her) an email at email@example.com.