Paper clay is a great alternative to pottery as you can recycle old magazines and newspapers to make your material!
Paper clay has many advantages; it’s much lighter so it can be used for mobiles or ornaments, even giant earrings!
In this class, we’ll make a fun garland or window decoration but you can also plan for all sorts of fun decorative items.
What will we cover?
We’ll be learning about:
- Paper clay recipes and the difference with papier maché
- What materials work best and how to make the best paper clay
- Then we’ll get started moulding our items
- Demo of painting and finishing steps
All materials provided – just come and have a wonderful time!
- Wheelchair Accessible Venue
- Gender Neutral Bathrooms
- Cheaper Early Bird Tickets
- Auslan Interpreted Upon Request
- Free Tickets for First Nation Attendees
Who will be Teaching?
Maria (she/her) has crafted many weird and wonderful things since getting hooked on crochet, and she shows no signs of stopping!
Any other accessibility requests or questions? Just email delsi (she/her) at firstname.lastname@example.org