(This class has different price options for those affected by the pandemic, click the register button above and see the different options).
What’s it all about?
You would think that pineapple on pizza has been with us since the Romans but it is only a rather recent invention and strangely not from Hawaii. Join us to learn more about the origins of this flavour combination and how it became such a divisive topic in these modern times. Pineapple on pizza leaves no organisation untouched from chefs and celebrities to international heads of state and even the US Department of Homeland Security.
What will we cover?
- The genesis of the pineapple and ham pizza now known as the Hawaiian.
- Incredible historical stories and recent news stories about pineapple on pizza.
- How un/popular this topping is based on surveys and even government data.
- Where in Melbourne you can get a decent pizza with pineapple on it.
- How I make a quick pizza at home (with or without pineapple).
- Toppings that could be worse than pineapple on pizza.
Who will be teaching?
Simon began adult life disliking alcohol in all forms after repeated unsuccessful attempts to be friends with beer, rum/coke and tequila sunrises. But a chance encounter with a vodka, lime and soda was his gateway drink into a classic daiquiri at the famed cocktail bar Der Raum. Since then Simon become an avid barfly visiting cocktail bars around the world in Europe, America, Asia, NZ and Australia as well as being good friends with gin, rum, whiskey and wheat beers. More recently Simon has been creating at-home cocktail experiences and teaching friends to make tasty drinks all around the world whether it’s a Melbourne balcony, a villa in Tuscany, an apartment in Paris or on a sailing boat in San Francisco Bay.