Poetry is the language of the soul. It cuts through small talk and gets straight to the heart of human experience. It allows us to articulate the seemingly ineffable and express our vast and complex inner worlds.
And the incredible thing is that when we share our poetic voice – our fabulous, fractured and fierce selves in all our glory – we learn that others are experiencing the same thing.
Join acclaimed published poet and cabaret performer Amy Bodossian for this introduction to poetry workshop. Create new poetry in a safe, supportive and stimulating environment!
This class supports absolute beginners!
What will we cover?
In this class you will:
- Learn how to tap into inspiration and get your poetic voice flowing
- Have fun playing with language and be thrilled by your unique use of it
- Learn to embrace the quirks that make you and your poetry unique
- Get more comfortable sharing your words with others and allowing yourself to be seen and heard within a group
- Walk away brimming with poetic ideas
What should I bring?
Paper and pens will be provided, but otherwise please bring your preferred writing method like a notebook, journal or tablet.
- Wheelchair Accessible Venue
- Gender Neutral Bathrooms
- Quiet Spaces
- Discounted Early Bird Tickets
- Free Tickets for First Nation Attendees
- Auslan Interpreted Upon Request
Who will be teaching?
Critically acclaimed spoken word artist, published poet and cabaret
legend Amy Bodossian (she/her) is an eccentric and unforgettable
performer who’s been captivating audiences for over 15 years with her
uniquely wacky, whimsical, heart wrenching and hilarious performances.
She’s appeared on ABC’s Spicks and Specks and Please Like Me,
performed at major festivals across Australia, headlined all of
Melbourne’s top poetry events, been nominated for a Green Room Award and
won the 2017 MSW Convenor’s Choice Award. You can learn more at Amy’s website.
Any questions or other accessibility requests? Feel free to email Maddy (she/her) at email@example.com.