Join wildlife artist Marloes and learn to paint native birds with watercolours.
Marloes will guide you through the steps and methods for applying and manipulating these mediums, as well as tricks and tips to get awesomely realistic (and sometimes not so realistic) effects.
Join us for a fun session that’s a great way to start your journey into watercolour!
What will we cover?
This hands-on session will include:
- An introduction to the various watercolour mediums
- Appropriate papers and brushes
- An overview of each medium’s properties
- Application methods including wet-on-wet and wet-on-dry
- Various techniques for creating depth, light and dimension
- Touching on layering, glazes and colour correction
What will you need?
- Paper (watercolour paper is best)
- Watercolour pencils and/or paints
- Closed Captions
- Discounted Early Bird Tickets
- Free Tickets for First Nations Attendees
- Auslan Interpreter Upon Request
Who will be teaching?
Marloes (she/her) is a wildlife artist who also teaches a variety of mediums at community centres, retirement communities and other locations, including in her own studio space.
She enjoys sharing her skills and passions with others in a light hearted and fun way that makes the experience totally enjoyable and rewarding for everyone involved. You can find her on Instagram or her website.
Image teachers own wonderful work
Questions about the class or other ways we can assist with accessibility? Just email Maddy (she/her) at firstname.lastname@example.org.