Come and learn how to have a conversation with D/deaf and hard of hearing people who use Auslan (Australian Sign Language)!
We will explore Auslan signs as well as do’s and don’ts when approaching D/deaf and hard of hearing people.
What will we cover?
In this workshop we will explore:
- Brief overview of Deaf Culture and Deaf history
- Tips on approaching D/deaf and hard of hearing people
- The alphabet and other basic signs
- Conversation practice
What will I need
- Just yourself
- Wheelchair Accessible Venue
- Gender Neutral Bathrooms
- Quiet Spaces
- Discounted Early Bird Tickets
- Free Tickets for First Nation Attendees
- Auslan Interpreted
Who will be Facilitating?
Hadley (she/they) is an energetic queer human who is always on the move. Hadley is a Auslan teacher and Deaf mentor with Open That Door.
They are also passionate about mental health and advocacy for the Deaf Community.
Hadley is profoundly Deaf and uses Auslan everyday.
Photo teachers own
Other questions or accessibility requests? Just shoot an email to delsi at email@example.com.