Ever wondered how to jump start a car or change a tyre?
Fuse blown but don’t know where to look?
Got somewhere to go but need a tow?
Learn the skills you need to get moving again!
Ahead of your Summer road trip or holiday journey, gain some important know-how to feel confident checking over your vehicle before you set off, and addressing any blips along the way. Don’t let car troubles ruin your next getaway!
What will we cover?
In this class we cover:
– How to check and change basic electrical components (fuses an lights)
– How to change a tyre
– How to jump start, push start and how to safely tow a vehicle.
– Plenty of space throughout class for questions and answers
This class is run in-person by Richo, with a vehicle on-site at Micro-Labs. Richo has also developed a series of instructional videos as further reference.
This is a safe space for all, and all questions are welcome (no such thing as a silly question!)
What will you need for this class?
- Note taking material (pen/paper/tablet etc) if you want to;
- A question or two that you’d like answered 🙂
- Wheelchair Accessible Venue
- Gender Neutral Bathrooms
- Quiet Spaces
- Cheaper Early Bird Tickets
- Auslan Interpreted Upon Request
Who will be teaching?
Richo (he/they) is a DIY car maintenance enthusiast and enjoys tinkering in the garage at home. He has had many years experience working with vehicles through his work including outback tour guiding, bus driving, truck driving and now works in conservation and bushland management.
Many hours in remote areas away from roadside assistance has lead Richo to be handy with tools and developed his vehicle trouble shooting, repair and recovery skills.
Other questions or accessibility requests? Just shoot an email to Maddy (she/her) at firstname.lastname@example.org.