Looking for a healthy drink to have on hand this Summer? Maybe Kombucha’s the answer! It’s so cheap and simple to make, and you’ll come to love your wonderous SCOBYs in no time.
The basis of kombucha brewing is the SCOBY (symbiotic culture of bacteria and yeast). It’s a bit odd and yucky looking, but it’s what creates magic (lit. kombucha) out of the simplest of ingredients.
Learn to kick start your own Kombucha brewing with a variety of flavour options. It makes for a refreshing Summer drink option and you can brew it again and again indefinitely. Just keep that SCCOBY happy.
What we will cover?
In this lesson we will:
- Try samples of a few different flavoured Kombuchas
- Have a demonstration of how to make Kombucha at home
- Explore first and second ferments
- Explore other drinks that you might consider once you’ve got your kombucha going – jun, switzel, and shrubs.
- This class includes a SCOBY to take home for the first 12 students to book
- Wheelchair Accessible Venue
- Gender Neutral Bathrooms
- Quiet Spaces
- Cheap Tix
- Share the Love Free Tix (prioritised for First Nations, Trans & Poc Attendee)
- Auslan Interpreted Upon Request
Who will be teaching?
Jennifer is an unashamed foodie and loves messing about with food – and has run her own food business for the past 22yrs. She has been making kombucha for years and can tell you a lot about her successes and fails.
Questions about the class or other ways we can assist with accessibility? Just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.