Have you got a skill or a passion you would like to share with the world?
Have you ever wanted to run a workshop and wasn’t quite sure where to start?
Maybe you would like to run a workshop here at Laneway Learning and are keen to learn a few tips and techniques before you get started!
Former secondary and adult education teacher turned LGBTQIA+ Inclusion Specialist, delsi, will take you through strategies to help you create your own wonderful workshops!
What we will cover?
In this workshop you will learn:
- How to structure a workshops and develop a lesson plan
- Starter techniques to grab your learners attention
- How to utilise the 5E Learning Model
- How to increase participation and create a safe space for sharing
- Strategies to improve accessibility and inclusion
- Wheelchair Accessible Venue
- Quiet Spaces
- Discounted Early Bird Tickets
- Free Tickets for First Nation Attendees
- Auslan Interpreted Upon Request
Who will be teaching?
delsi (she/her) is a proud queer femme lady who has worked for the last 10 years as a teacher, mentor and advocate within the LGBTQIA+ space.
She is the Director of the queer organisation Unicorns and Manager here at Laneway Learning.
delsi has previously worked as a Secondary and Adult Education Teacher. She also supports the teachers here at Laneway Learning – so if you were ever keen to teach a workshop with us, this would be a great class to take part in!
Image by Alexis D Photography
Any other questions or ways we can assist with accessibility? Just email delsi (she/her) at email@example.com