What’s it all about?
Lemon butter or lemon curd (same thing, different grandmother) is a bit of a classic and truly old fashioned, but it’s so delicious it withstands the pressure of Masterchef et al and lives on. Now, lemon butter is delicious but there are so many other flavours to tinker around with! Passionfruit, raspberries, tangerines…
In this class, we will have a play with our fruits and explore the possibilities for some outstandingly yummy fruit butters that can be used in many ways. You could even develop your own signature flavour and create some sweet treats to share with friends and family!
What will we cover?
Fruit butters are perfect for those posh little tartlets, croissants, on toast, scones, pavlova or a sneaky spoonful out of the jar if you are feeling glum. Join us and learn:
- Fool proof technique to make the traditional lemon curd
- Lots of tips and tricks to make it truly yum
- Recipes for other fruit butters
- Playful experimentation with flavours and fruits
- As there will be some egg whites left over, we will cover ways they can be put to good use too! (pavlova!)
What will you need?
To make your fruit butter you will need:
- 4 lemons, juice and zest
- 4 egg yolks
- 325g caster sugar
- 225g unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- Mixing bowls
- Medium sized saucepan,
- Zester or grater
- Cutting board and knife
- 4 jars and lids
Who will be teaching it?
Jennifer McInnes of Hells Breath Relish has been in the business of making relishes, pickles, jams and sauces for the past 15 years and is keen to encourage you to play with your food.