Have you been dreaming of running away to a quieter area and living a simpler life?
Maybe you’ve been dreaming of a tiny home!
Join d’Arcy Lunn to learn about his love of tiny homes.
d’Arcy is the creator of ‘Happy, simply‘: a sustainable lifestyle model and education project promoting simplicity, sustainability and self-sufficiency.
He has also created two ‘tiny houses’ which he built for less than $10,000!
What will we cover?
- The components and a holistic approach to a happy, simple life – where the ideas came from and the practical application of simplicity – where less is more and just enough is plenty.
- The “Happy, simply” homes – how you might organise yourself and/or a community to build a 10m² home.
- This involves considering design, materials, building and resource consent, water capture, renewable energy, bio-compostable toilet, edible garden, transport and community participation.
- Take-away ideas and the practical application of simplistic, self-sufficient and sustainable living practices – it will be a matter of laying it all out on the table for people to choose, adapt and modify what is useful and practical to them.
- A look at the Happy, simply homes built in both Aotearoa New Zealand and Adelaide.
What will you need?
- Pen and paper
- Closed Captions
- Early Bird Cheap Tickets
- Free Tix for First Nation Attendees
- Auslan Interpreter Upon Request
Who will be teaching?
d’Arcy Lunn is enriched and enthusiastic about simple living. ‘Happy, simply’ came after 19 years and over 90 countries of learning and experiencing that less can be more (when you get to choose it).
For him the project and this workshop is about sharing the learning he has received from his experiences with the world’s poorest and apply them in the developed world, where we can choose sustainability, self-sufficiency and simplicity and be richer for it. Check out his blog, Facebook page and even a video from ABC online.
Any other accessibility requests or questions? Just email delsi (she/her) at email@example.com.