Ready to sharpen your cooking skills?
Would you like to learn how to make restaurant style Indian cooking from the comfort of your own home?
Have an evening with cooking queen Sarita who will teach you the right way to make the perfect Palak Paneer.
Palak Paneer is a classic Indian vegetarian dish prepared with spinach and cottage cheese. Its healthy and delicious dish with minimal easily available ingredients.
Join this live and interactive workshop to explore the world of spices, flavours, and aromas of Indian Cooking.
What will we cover?
In this online workshop you will:
- Explore about the history of Indian cooking
- Learn how to make Palak Paneer from the comfort of your home.
- Have the opportunity to ask lots of questions in this live and interactive class.
What will I need?
You can cook along with Sarita or sit back and enjoy the live cooking demonstration.
If you’d like to cook along, feel free to have the below ready to go.
- Stick blender
- Nonstick saucepan with lid
- Chopping board
- Presentation bowl
- Spinach/palak – 3 cups
- Cottage cheese/ Paneer – 200 grams
- Onion – 1
- Tomato – 1 (large red and ripe)
- Cumin seeds – ½ teaspoon
- Garlic – 8 pods
- Green chilly – 1 or 2
- Dry Fenugreek leaves/Kasuri methi – 1/4 cup
- Cumin powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- Coriander powder – 1 teaspoon
- Chilly powder – 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon
- Salt according to taste
- Fresh cream – 4 Tablespoon
- Butter – 10 grams
- Garam masala powder – 2 pinche
- Closed Captions
- Discounted Early Bird Tickets
- Free Tickets for First Nation Attendees
- Auslan Interpreted Upon Request
Who will be teaching?
Sarita (home name Affaf Ali) (she/her) is a self trained home Chef and food enthusiast with 10 plus years of cooking experience. Following her passion for cooking she is currently pursuing a Certificate III in Commercial Cookery.
She specializes in different kinds of Indian Cuisines. She has won several contests. She has more than 200 written recipes, few passed on by her mum and few are her own.
Along with cooking her focus in on presentation of food too. She believes one must eat with their eyes first. Follow her on Instagram www.instagram.com/aliaffaf
Any other questions or ways we can assist with accessibility? Just email delsi (she/her) at firstname.lastname@example.org.