Come and explore the world of Yum Cha with our talented cooking teacher Cristina! So get set to make some delicious, flakey spring onion pancakes.
What will we cover?
In this live cookalong workshop you will learn:
- Different Chinese ingredients that pack a punch
- How to develop your flavours
- How to cook your onion pancake perfectly
- Opportunities to ask lots of questions
What should I bring?
You are welcome to sit and enjoy the cooking demonstration or cook along at home!
If you’d like to cook along, feel free to have the follow ingredients ready to go!
- 150g (1 cup) plain bread flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 125ml (½ cup) chilled water
- 45g (3 Tablespoon) melted butter
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 Tbs extra flour
- 4 sprigs of spring onions
- White pepper and salt (about ½ tsp each)
- Rolling pin
- Large bowl
- Frying pan
- Small bowl
- Closed Captions
- Auslan Interpreted Upon Request
- Free Tix for First Nation Attendees
- Early Bird Cheaper Tickets
Who will be teaching?
Cristina (she/her) is a secondary school Food Studies teacher who loves all things food related!
She moved to Melbourne and away from her mum’s delicious Taiwanese cooking and has since, out of desperation for the taste of home, learned many of her favourite foods through virtual cooking classes with her mum.
She is now working through writing a cookbook honouring her mum’s recipes while putting an ethical and sustainable twist to it.
Image teachers own
Any other questions or ways we can assist with accessibility? Just shoot delsi (she/her) an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.