This class has different price options for those affected by the pandemic, click the register button above and see the different options.
What’s it all about?
Ever wanted to make your own kombucha at home but have a bunch of questions or don’t know where to start? This tasty cook a long session is for you!
From brewing to bottling and everything in between, we’ve got you covered in this fun and informative class. Leave feeling confident and informed and ready to begin brewing your own at home.
What will we cover?
- Come and learn about the age old art of fermenting your own kombucha
- The history and benefits of this sweet tea
- The best techniques to yield you a wonderfully fizzy batch
What will you need?
The recipe for the class below will yield approx 2L of black tea kombucha.
Briony recommends using organic products where possible.
- Black tea (ceylon or English breakfast are both great options) – 4 teaspoons of loose leaf tea or 4 teabags
- White, raw or cane sugar – ½ cup
- Filtered water* – 2L
- Your SCOBY and starter liquid (SCOBY = “symbiotic culture of bacteria and yeast”)
- Briony is offering a special discount for anyone needing to purchase a SCOBY
- The discount code is provided in our confirmation email when you register for the class
*If you don’t have a water filter or filter jug you can leave a bowl of tap water out overnight or boil and cool it before using (boil more than 2L then measure once cooled as some will evaporate)
- 2L to 4L wide-mouthed glass jar or drink dispenser*
- Cotton cloth or tea towel to cover the top of the jar
- Rubber band or kitchen string to secure the cloth/tea towel
- Saucepan, teapot or coffee plunger to brew a strong pot of tea
*If you plan to make bigger than 2 litre batches Briony recommends purchasing a drink dispenser such as: Amazon jars or Amazon jars 2 or Kmart glass jars. “A tap on a drink dispenser is a game changer and totally worth it in my opinion!”
Who will be teaching it?
Briony Kean is a gut health coach who practices a holistic approach to health and wellness, which means that she looks at how areas of your life are connected. Fundamentally we’re all individuals, and that’s the approach she takes. From coaching individuals, to teaching cooking and fermentation classes, she has the privilege of helping people from all stages and ages. Briony’s business is about taking the confusion and anxiety out of eating and cooking and making it FUN! You can connect with her on Facebook and Instagram.