If you have ever tried to give up dairy cheese, you know how hard it can get!
Unfortunately, non-dairy cheeses from shops can either be very expensive or less appealing than dairy cheeses.
The good news is, you can make your own at home and impress your friends with a vegan cheese board at your next party!
What will we cover?
In this lesson you will:
- Get introduced to the nuts and bolts of vegan cheese making
- Learn how to make up to two vegan cheese varieties from scratch that are guaranteed to impress (Mediterranean Herbed Feta and Camembert). *as time allows
- Get recipes for all cheeses presented so you can make them at home
- Get suggestions on how to put together a beautiful cheese board
What will you need?
If you would like to cook along at home – feel free to have these ingredients on hand throughout the workshop.
- Block extra firm Tofu
- Refined coconut oil (melted)
- Fresh lemon juice
- Apple cider vinegar or coconut vinegar
- Himalayan sea salt
- Onion powder
- Dried herbs – (eg: mixed Italian, oregano, basil, marjoram, rosemary)
- Soy milk
- Tapioca Flour
- White miso paste
- Nutritional yeast flakes
- Kappa Carrageenan
- Truffle oil
Equipment – Blender, bowl, pot, whisk, spatula, stove top & general kitchen equipment.
- Closed Captions
- Early Bird Cheap Tix
- Free Tix for First Nation Attendees
- Auslan Interpreter Upon Request
Who will be teaching?
Elodie (she/her) has spent the last 12 years working with animals. She is an Emergency Response Operator at Wildlife Victoria and also works for Remember The Wild, an organisation aiming at reconnecting people with nature.
She is passionate about sustainable living and is always trying to find new ways to cook delicious vegan meals from scratch.
Any other accessibility requests or questions? Just email delsi at email@example.com