Laughter is the social glue that binds us.
Science shows it builds connection, forms trust and breaks down hostility.
Humour is a trait universally desired in family, friends and lovers – and yet there just ain’t enough laughter in this world!
Join us to explore how to use laughter in conversation in ways that bring us together and make light out of life.
What will we cover?
In this workshop we will explore how to:
– Read others and situations
– Understand our our own sense of humour
– Find contrasts and contradictions
– Develop our sense of play
– Tweak our stories to be more engaging
– Avoid humour that hurts or offends
What to bring
- Some bravery
- Closed Captions
- Discounted Early Bird Tickets
- Free Tickets for First Nation Attendees
- Auslan Interpreters Upon Request
Who will be teaching?
AJ (him/him) toiled for years as a creative storyteller in marketing agencies and government.
Now he works with passionate changemakers: environmentalists, educators and charities to help teams get creative and tell their powerful stories. He crafts copy and trains organisations in media and public speaking. He also designs workshops that fuel ideas and generate laughter.
You can find out more about AJ at ajtennant.com or come along for free to a Better Conversations meetup (live or online).
Photo by mentatdgt: https://www.pexels.com/photo/w…
Any questions or other accessibility requests? Feel free to email delsi (she/her) at email@example.com.