Zines are a fun way to approach a topic in a brief, digestible and visual way. They can be a creative way to document a weekend’s activities, a friend’s cute mannerisms, a day in the life of your pet…and also to show yourself your own interests, ideas and inspirations.
Imagine holding in your hands a magical pocket-sized journal, brimming with your thoughts, dreams, and snippets of the extraordinary.
Discover the joy of self-reflection and self-discovery as you flip through the pages of your Mini Journal Zine, each turn unveiling a glimpse into your inner world.
What will we cover?
In this interactive workshop, you’ll learn to craft your very own mini journal zine—a miniature masterpiece that tells your unique
story. This includes:
- Paper folding tricks to make your pocket-sized zine
- Designing inspiring covers
- Exploring prompts and questions to explore zine content
- Filling the pages with thoughts, prose, poetry, decoration, doodles, mixed media collages
- Every step will have new ideas to work your imagination onto your zine canvas
- We will also explore how to adopt journaling zines routines in your day-to-day life
What should I bring?
This class is open to everyone, no experience necessary.
You may choose to bring your favorite stationary, or simply an open mind and a good dash of curiosity
- Wheelchair Accessible Venue
- Gender Neutral Bathrooms
- Quiet Spaces
- Discounted Early Bird Tickets
- Free Tickets for First Nation Attendees
- Auslan Interpreted Upon Request
Who will be teaching?
Bimba (she/her) is a journal enthusiast, counsellor, and workshop facilitator innovating mental wellbeing conversations. Creativity, coffee and
colours are the three driving forces of her day. She is naturally drawn to express her inner world through words & doodles.
She has authored and self-published a doodle journal for mental wellness that explores the happy spaces. You can find out more about Bimba and her work through #origamiofbecoming
Photo by Laneway Learning.