This class is part of our Marvellous Melbourne series. Click here to see other classes celebrating Melbourne.
What’s it all about?
We are all missing our Marvellous city of Melbourne with it’s unique blend of architecture, graffiti laneways, city sculptures, historical parks with gorgeous old tiered fountains or modern water sculptures. So many Melbourne iconic landmarks and laneways, each with it’s own unique flavour.
Lets capture our favourite memories of these places and draw, ink and watercolour our favourite Melbourne landmark or lane-way, street-scape or park!
Marloes will guide you through the process, offering tips and advice on how to use watercolours, pens or markers to create you own slice of Marvellous Melbourne.
What will we cover?
This beginners painting & drawing class will focus on:
- Using watercolours, pens and illustration skills to recreate your favourite Melbourne ‘scapes
- Drawing buildings, composition and using perspective
- Basics of watercolour washes and ink
And together we will create your stay at home slice of Marvellous Melbourne!
What will you need?
- Paper – Ideally watercolour paper, but don’t worry if you don’t. Any thick paper will do.
- Pencil, rule and eraser (sharpener too perhaps?)
- Watercolours, or coloured markers (ideally brush tipped but not essential)
- Brushes, glass of water, paper towel
- Reference pictures of your favourite Melbourne landscape, laneway or streetscape
Who will be teaching?
Marloes Bakker-Marsden is life long and self taught artist who had explored and developed skills in a wide range of mediums and subject matter. She enjoys sharing her skills and passions with others in a light hearted and fun way that makes the experience totally enjoyable and rewarding for everyone involved. You can find her on Instagram