What’s it all about?
Grab something from your pantry (maybe open a pack of chips) or even your favourite coffee mug or teapot! Now, we’re going to sit together, draw, ink and watercolour your stay-at-home still life!
Emilie will guide you through the process, offering tips and advice on how to use watercolours for observational illustration.
What will we cover?
This beginner’s painting class will:
- Focus on using watercolour and illustration skills
- Cover observation drawing and composition
- Teach the basic of watercolour paints through a playful approach
- Help you achieve your first stay-at-home watercolour still life illustration!
What will you need?
- Ideally watercolour paper or any thick paper
- Something from your pantry/house to draw
Who will be teaching?
Emilie is a Melbourne based artist and maker who moved from France in 2014. Her illustrations have been published by the Lifted Brow, and she self-published her first graphic novel in 2018 with Tree Paper Comics in Melbourne. When she isn’t teaching with Laneway Learning, Emilie works with a range of media, from video to printmaking, 3D printing and a variety of paint mediums. Emilie is currently finishing her PhD at the VCA (Victorian College of the Arts, University of Melbourne).