It takes only three key ingredients to make the delicious Middle Eastern dish – Mjadara!
Lentils, rice and onions (with a touch of spice). Do you have them in your pantry? Then this dish is for you.
Come and learn how to prepare this wonderful meal from Natalie who was born in the city of Jerusalem.
What will we cover?
In this cook along class we will:
- Watch a cooking demonstration
- Cook along from the comfort of your own kitchen
- Learn about the importance of toppings and what compliments this dish
- An opportunity to ask lots of questions
What will you need?
If you would like to cook along feel free to have the below goodies ready to go.
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 5 medium onions, cut in half and thinly sliced
- 1 cup long grain rice (we prefer basmati)
- 2 cups brown lentils
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 3 teaspoons salt
Chopped Middle Eastern salad (tomatoes, cucumber, mint, parsley)
- Closed Captions
- Early Bird Cheap Tix
- Free Tix for First Nation Attendees
- Auslan Interpreter Upon Request
Who will be teaching?
Natalie (she/her) was born in the magical city of Jerusalem and immigrated to Melbourne as a teenager, bringing along and continuing her stories and love of Middle Eastern cuisine.
The difference between her and her parents (best cooks ever) is that Natalie will show you how to prepare and present Middle Eastern dishes in a simple, affordable and delightful way.
Any other accessibility requests or questions? Just email delsi (she/her) at email@example.com.