At work or in our private lives, we all have to step up and speak in front of a group or an audience at some time.
Being confident in these situations is far from our natural response! It’s often nerve-racking, scary, and can make us feel anxious. But you can change that!
As a former dance performer and currently a teacher and coach, Océane will help you become the public speaker/performer you hope to be.
Through various exercises and anecdotes from her own experience, get tips on how to present, gain confidence to speak up and be yourself in a group.
What will we cover?
During this hands-on class you will:
- Learn how to overcome your fear of speaking up.
- Get tips for speakers and performers (stage presence, body language, voice & stress management…)
- Learn how to adapt when things go wrong (develop your flexibility & adaptability)
- Get to know what tools are the best for you (Powerpoint, micro, whiteboard…)
What will you need?
– Make a list of three things you’re proud of and one thing that scares you most when having to speak in front of a group.
– If you have a speech you would like to practice, please bring it! (not a requirement)
- Wheelchair Accessible Space
- Quiet Spaces
- Gender Neutral Bathrooms
- Discounted Early Bird Tickets
- Free Tickets for First Nation Attendees
- Auslan Interpreters Upon Request
Who will be teaching?
Océane (She/Her) is a French artist entrepreneur who founded Enjoy French (with Oceane), a special language school where people can express their creativity while learning French and experiencing French culture.
Océane is currently developing fun & convivial workshops using interactive and creative activities (such as cooking and calligraphy) to introduce the French language and culture to non-native speakers.
Questions or other ways we can assist with accessibility? Feel free to email us at email@example.com.