What’s it all about?
Ever been asked to play a game of poker with friends but were too scared? Then this is the class for you. Texas Hold’em Poker takes ten minutes to learn but a lifetime to master. But fear not, this 75 minute class will give you the skills and confidence to play and to maybe even win your first poker game.
What will we cover?
- How to pick the right game for you
- Bank-roll management
- The rules of the game
- Hand rankings
- Table etiquette
- How to deal the cards
- Betting, calling, raising, and folding
- Reading the board and the cards of the other players
- Bluffs and tells
- How to pick the right style for you
- Strategies depending on style of game
- Get coached whilst you play on the night
Who will be teaching?
Dan Dixon has been playing poker for about ten years concentrating mainly on home games. Most of his experience with home games is with single table tournaments. Preference for online is single and multi-table tournaments.